People ask me …. How does “Hip Harp Toolkit” work? Is it Skype lessons? A class? What IS it???
They’re talking about the 10-week online course I created just for harp players – that shows how to create your own impromptu arrangements at your OWN level of technical ability. And it’s at the heart of my yearlong “Hip Harp Academy” program for harp players.
But hey … I’ll just TELL you …
Let’s take a look Under the HOOD!
In this short video excerpt from a webinar I show you what the Academy looks like on the inside.
Let’s look at the classroom …
See all those little dots in the black bar near the top of that page above? Those are all the separate pages of the module, so that each module is chunked into bite-size pieces to make the learning easier.
Here’s what the weekly LIVE chat looks like …
Most of the classroom training is in videos that you can watch when it works for YOU to learn … but once a week, during guided sessions, I hold a LIVE Q&A chat where I answer your questions.
This is what the chats look like. Sometimes I use my lever harp – sometimes my pedal harp.
What Do Students Say About the Experience?
Students take part in “Hip Harp Toolkit” from all over the world. All you need is a computer or an iPad – and a harp – any harp, from a concert grand to the tiniest harpsicle. Because the course is built on basic concepts it works for all levels of harp-players – from fledgling to professional – and teaches you to create your own arrangements at your own level of playing. Here’s what they say:
“I play almost daily at the hospital or hospice, and put all of this into practice immediately, so it really sinks in.” Betsy Scott Chapman (USA)
“You are making it much more interesting for me now to play my regular job of three – four sets 🙂 thank you!” Lidia Stankulova (Dubai)
“This has become the starting point I wish I had had when I first started learning the harp, and at the same time, I know that as I grow as a harpist and musician, these same concepts will continue to be central to everything I do.” Blythe Tait (Australia)
“I was worried that I may not be a good enough musician to benefit from the course, worried that my harp technique would be too basic, worried that the course may not cover what I really wanted to know about arranging for the harp.
I needn’t have worried. This course was quite simply the best harping experience I have ever had.” Kevin Roddy (Hawaii, USA)
Wanna know more?
- Learn more at HipHarpToolkit.com
- Ask a question about the course using my Ask-A-Question Form
- Register for the 10-Week Course right now! The course is available to take ‘at your own pace’ all year – but once a year I guide students through it personally, with live chats, homework and final projects.
Yay!!! I can’t wait to share the course with you!
- See what's coming up at my EVENTS PAGE
Classes & Workshops
- Jazz for Harps - New class at Hip Harp Academy coming soon! Find out more HERE!
- Harness Your Muse - Yearlong Mentorship is open for Application Apply Now
TEDx Talk "From the Harp"
- Watch my NEW TEDx talk "Reinventing Freedom ...' - a story told "from the Harp"
- Check out my Free Stuff page for MP3 downloads, Mini-Trainings for Harpists - and other things you can download for free DHC's FREE-Stuff Page
NEW in 2018! Double CD Collection
- Check out my new "Essential DHC" 2-CD Collection or BUY THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
This is an encore post I’ve updated and reposted because I really like it! I originally shared it Jan. 4, 2014