Deborah Henson-Conant LIVE at the Regent, LIVESTREAMED Worldwide
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Run through Nov. 14, 2020
MEDIA Contact: Joy Monteverdi / info (at) hipharp.com
She strides on stage like a rock-star, strapped into an electric harp, with 32 multi-color strings. Outside, the world is still in pandemic, but with masks and social distancing we can step inside the magic of a live performance with a revolutionary performer.
Deborah Henson-Conant (“DHC”) is known as the world’s master of the electric harp – in fact, the instrument is now named after her: “The DHC Harp.” She’s the woman who changed the way the world sees the harp.
She’s a Grammy-Nominated artist for her work creating original musical stories with full symphony orchestra, and on Nov. 14th at 7:30pm, DHC brings her remarkable instrument, her voice, her stories and her looper pedal to the Regent Theatre in Arlington, MA, for an intimate show with a lot of social connection – and physical distance.
For the first time since the pandemic began, she’ll be performing LIVE on-stage with very limited theatre seating – and unlimited livestreaming tickets. A performance complete with theater sound, lights and plenty of room to move & perform, for livestream attendees, this will be different from the Facebook LIVE events she’s been performing from her studio.
If you can get there LIVE, grab your tickets now. Seating is extremely limited. Strict social distancing and masks are required in the theatre.
Watch the trailer: https://youtu.be/xwtLHj0P69Y
WHO – WHAT – WHEN – WHERE:
- WHO: Deborah Henson-Conant (electric harp, voice, movement & story)
- WHAT: LIVE at the Regent! (Very limited theater seating, unlimited LIVEstream worldwide!)
- WHEN: Sat. Nov. 14, 2020 at 7:30 pm (PLUS a Special Kids Show at 10:30 am)
- WHERE: Livestreamed Worldwide from The Regent Theatre, 7 Medford St. Arlington, MA 02474
- TICKETS: Limited in-theater seats $34.99, Livestream $19.99
- GET TIX (In-Theater): http://www.regenttheatre.com/details/deborah_henson_conant_live
- GET TIX (Live-Stream): http://www.regenttheatre.com/details/deborah_henson_conant_live_stream
INFO PAGE: https://www.hipharp.com/blog/38271
“She plays stuff you just wouldn’t think could possibly come from the instrument that St. Peter hands out to new arrivals at the pearly gates.” (Grand Rapids Press)
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE ARTIST:
If you’re thinking ‘’Celtic Woman” or “New Age Background music,” you’ve got it wrong. DHC was the first female instrumentalist on the GRP jazz label in the 90’s. Her original music is inspired by Blues, Jazz, Latin, Folk, Flamenco and Musical Theater. It’s enhanced by her use of a looper pedal to create spontaneous soundscapes, layer upon layer, building them in front of the audience in real time – and then using them as a bed for virtuosic improvisation.
DHC is a 2-time winner of the prestigious Massachusetts Artist Fellowship award – an artist who continues to reinvent her style, her music and even her instrument.
As a technical innovator, DHC has collaborated for more than two decades with the world’s cutting-edge harp company, CAMAC harps in France, to develop what’s become the most popular electric harp in the world, a 32-string carbon-fibre wearable electric harp named after her, the “DHC.” In her TEDx talk “From the Harp” she tells the story: https://youtu.be/EOtEkRtk5IA
She’s toured – internationally with her one-woman shows, in collaboration with symphony orchestras like the Boston Pops and Baltimore Symphony, and with legendary musicians like guitarists Steve Vai and Mason Williams. She opened for Ray Charles at Tanglewood, jammed onstage with Bobby McFerrin and offstage with Steven Tyler.
She’s been featured on NPR’s Weekend Edition with Scott Simon, NBC Today Show — and her original music special, “Invention & Alchemy” appeared on PBS stations throughout the US.
Since the start of the pandemic, DHC expanded her international online harp academy, Hip HaRp Academy, where she coaches a membership of over 150 harpists learning from Australia to Europe to the Americas, and she’s been participating in online harp festivals and events, as well as connecting with audiences through LIVEstreamed studio events.
“Virtuoso out-of-the box harpist…known as the rockin’ bad girl of the harp world. She took the ancient instrument off its pedestal, cocked it on her hip, and made it play everything…” (NPR: On Point)
“Her gorgeous storytelling is as theatrical as it is musical.” (Boston Globe)
The Regent Theatre in Arlington is Henson-Conant’s hometown theater. The theater, just outside Boston, has been hosting film, theater, live music & family events in art deco digs since 1916.
REGENT THEATRE TICKET LINKS FOR THIS SHOW:
- LIVE In-Theater TIX: http://www.regenttheatre.com/details/deborah_henson_conant_live
- LIVE Stream TIX: http://www.regenttheatre.com/details/deborah_henson_conant_live_stream
FIND THE ARTIST ONLINE:
- ARTIST’S WEBSITE: https://www.hipharp.com/
- PRESS PHOTOS: https://www.hipharp.com/press-photos
- MEDIA ROOM & VIDEOS: https://www.hipharp.com/video
- SHOW INFO PAGE: https://www.hipharp.com/blog/38271
- TEDX “Reinventing Freedom with Electric Harp”: https://youtu.be/EOtEkRtk5IA
ARTIST SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Facebook Artist’s Page: https://www.facebook.com/HipHarp/
- Artist’s Blog: https://www.hipharp.com/blog
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/HipHarpist
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/hipharpist
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/hipharp
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hipharpist/