Enjoy this special holiday gift from my students and me. This is Margi’s “Final-Beginning” project from Fall 2016 Hip Harp Toolkit course at http://www.HipHarpAcademy.com. The project was to create a Holiday Greeting with Harp – and the goal was “Connection – not Perfection.” These projects are called “Final-Beginning” projects to help us remember that each thing we complete is really the first step in the next phase of our relationship with it.
Margi answers questions about this project:
1. What did it take for you to get to the place of being able to play what you did – both logistically and emotionally?
I decided to accept the challenge of changing keys for 3 different songs and therefore flipping a lot of levers between songs while trying to make it look effortless and interesting!
2. What freedoms and blocks did you connect with (or struggle with) in the process? It was like trying to tap my head and rub my tummy at the same time. I struggled with which one to pay attention to, as if I could only do one thing at a time.
3. What challenges did you meet while connecting with your own freedom of expression in this project? I so wanted to have time to get these songs in my memory rather than having to “read” them from my Ipad. Looking at my audience (even the camera) and playing at the same time is a true challenge.
4. What were your personal “Ahas”? I remember when I learned my first foreign language and got to the point where the words just “came out”. That’s where I’m heading with my harp, I hope!
5. Anything else you want to tell your viewers? I love “doctoring up” my videos, I guess so people look at something other than my struggle to perform.
Harp players – join my Hip Harp Academy today!
Do you want to feel freer sharing your musical gifts at whatever technical level you play – whether that’s on the web, in the world or just for you? That’s what the programs at Hip Harp Academy are all about. It’s all about connection … not perfection. HipHarpAcademy.com