Deborah Henson-Conant ~ Upcoming Events
The world is in a constant state of flux … and so are tourdates. Make sure to contact venues before you travel to a show to confirm the details.
To get the first – and latest – info on events, join my mailing list (it’s fun!):
Natick, MA • Sat. Jan. 20, 2018 (Boston Area)
Join this very special TEDX appearance with the theme “Stories That Inspire”
TEDxNatick 2018 will take place on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at Natick High School, Performing Arts Center. We have a highly talented group of speakers who will bring energy, creativity, joy, and wonder to the TEDxNatick stage. With their Stories That Inspire, they will explore a wide range of provocative topics ranging from music composition to social reform, physics, poetry, health, architecture, sports, art, genetics, climate change, exercise, and more.
- WHAT: TEDX
- WHERE: Natick High School Performing Arts Center
- WHEN: Sat Jan. 20, 2018
- BUY TIX NOW: TEDX-Natick
ALBUM RELEASE CELEBRATION
Natick, MA • Sat. Feb 3 (Boston Area)
The Center for Arts in Natick
BOSTON-AREA ALBUM RELEASE PARTY for my new double-compilation album set “Essential DHC” ~ Come join me for this celebration at one of the best listening rooms on the East Coast. Buy your tickets today!
The Center for Arts in Natick is one of the greatest listening rooms in the Boston area, a beautifully renovated Firehouse with great acoustics and an intimate atmosphere, in a town with plenty of parking and great restaurants.
Richmond, VA • Fri. Mar 2 (Virginia)
The Tin Pan
The Tin Pan is a Music, Events, and Concert Venue located in the West End of Richmond, VA.
Williamsburg, VA • Thu. Mar 1 – Sun. Mar. 4 (Virginia)
Beginning in the Middle – Harp Weekend
Beginning in the Middle is a weekend seminar designed specifically for adult harp students at all skill levels. It is sponsored by the Virginia Harp Center, a retail harp store with locations in Virginia and New Jersey, and the Atlanta Harp Center in Alpharetta, Georgia. We have gathered a world-class faculty to present a non-stop schedule of workshops, lessons, and concerts to inspire you and help you reach your goals.
DHC will be focusing on JAZZ for both lever and pedal harp at the 2018 “Beginning in the MIddle” harp weekend.
- WHAT: Harp Weekend – Teaching & Workshops
- WHERE: Colonial Williamsburg, VA
- WHEN: Thu. Mar. 1 – Sun. Mar. 4
- More info soon at BITM (Beginning in the Middle)
Uaná Eté Music Garden • July 19 – 29, 2018 (Brazil)
Brazilian Jazz Harp Immersion
A rare chance to work for 10 days with 3 of the world’s most distinguished harp teachers in jazz, bossa nova and performance.
Imagine a beautiful retreat in the Paraiba River Valley, rolling green hills and a temperate climate, in teh Atlantic Forest, only three bus hours from Rio de Janeiro … You are at Uaná Eté Music Garden.
In this magical place, harpists from all continents will get together and immerse themselves in the world of jazz, with a special focus on bossa nova and samba in the very place where its root rhythms originated over 200 years ago. This is a 10-day course for harpists from fledgling players to professionals with over 50 hours of lessons and session, including lodging, meals and the use of available instruments.
- WHAT: Brazilian Jazz Harp Immersion
- WHERE: Uaná Eté Music Garden. BRAZIL
- WHEN: JULY 19 – 29, 2018
- More info soon at JazzHarp.org
PREVIOUSLY IN 2017
Natick, MA • Sat, Feb. 18, 2017
The Center for Arts in Natick (TCAN)
Grammy-nominated electric harp legend Deborah Henson-Conant (“DHC”) brings her riveting performance style back to TCAN before heading off to the UK and Hong Kong.
Her shows combine music, humor, stories with a range of musical styles that fuse Blues, Flamenco, Jazz, Musical Theater and straight out inspirational.
- WHERE: TCAN, 14 Summer St. Natick, MA 01760
- WHEN: Sat. Feb. 18, 2017 at 8PM
- SHOW INFO & TIX: http://www.natickarts.org/performance/deborah-henson-conant-0
Wales, UK • March 4 & 5, 2017
Cardiff Camac Harp Weekend
Join me for workshops and the closing concert together with a host of other brilliant artists over the course of a jam packed weekend.
- WHAT: Cardiff Camac Harp Weekend
- WHERE: Conferencing and Hospitality Suite, Cardiff Metropolitan University
Western Avenue, Cardiff, CF5 2YB
- WHEN: Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th March 2017
- INFO & REGISTRATION: http://www.camacharps.co.uk/
Norfolk, VA • Fri. May 26, 2017
Virginia Arts Festival – Norfolk Fringe
This Grammy-nominated electric harp virtuoso has a wicked sense of humor, a gutsy voice, and theatrical flair to spare, whether she’s playing classics, covering rock classics, crooning and plucking the blues, or serving up sizzling flamenco. Discover “dazzling harp playing, gorgeous jazz/pop singing, comic timing and impressive songwriting” (Austin American-Statesman) in this Fringe show at the Virginia Arts Festival.
- WHAT: Deborah Henson-Conant LIVE Solo Show
- WHERE: Robin Hixon Theater, 440 Bank Street Norfolk, VA 23510
- WHEN: May 26th at 8PM
- BUY TIX: http://secure.vafest.org/single/eventDetail.aspx?p=287
Danville, CA (San Fran Area) • May 28-29, 2017
International Harp Festival (IHF)
Sun. May 28 – Concert
Mon. May 29 – Full-day Immersion Workshop
- WHAT: International Harp Festival (IHF)
- WHERE: San Damiano Retreat Center, 710 Highland Drive, Danville, CA
- WHEN: May 28th at 7:30PM: Concert, May 29th all-day: “Strings of Passion LIVE”
- INFO, CONCERT TIX & REGISTRATION FOR IHF: http://www.harpfestival.org/
- “STRINGS OF PASSION LIVE!” INFO: http://www.hipharp.com/blog/15629
Parsippany, NJ • Sun. July 23, 2017
Full-day Workshop at Somerset Folk Harp Festival
Add-on to your festival weekend with the 2017 Improv Expansion with Deborah Henson-Conant! Broaden Your Improv Horizons with DHC’s new ‘Improv Expansion’ All-Day Sunday program.
Deborah gets rave reviews for her All-Day Sunday sessions at Somerset. This year, Somerset is collaborating with Deborah Henson-Conant to bring another brand new full-day improvisation experience to the festival.
Set your sights and reach new heights by exploring how to open up pieces you already know and love. Tap your creative potential and augment what’s already in your musical toolbox!
- WHAT: DHC’s “Improv Expansion” All-Day Sunday Add-on at the Somerset Harp Festival
- WHERE: Sheraton Parsippany, 199 Smith Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054
- WHEN: Sun. July 23, 2017 at 9AM
- ‘IMPROV EXPANSION’ INFO & REGISTRATION: http://www.somersetharpfest.com/sundayspecial.html
- FESTVAL INFO: http://www.somersetharpfest.com/
Hong Kong • Wed. July 12, 2017
Closing Concert at 13th World Harp Congress
This year, for the first time ever, World Harp Congress is in Asia! ‘A Harp Journey from West to East’ is being held in Hong Kong.
Deborah Henson-Conant is performing the closing concert on July 12th!
The strong support from harpists and musicians, from Asia & China, AND masters from all over the world, will make this event a truly multi-national sensation! Click the info & registration link below to learn more!
- WHAT: Deborah Henson-Conant in the Closing Concert of the 13th World Harp Congress
- WHERE: Hong Kong
- WHEN: Wed. July 12 at 7:30PM
- INFO & REGISTRATION: http://www.whc2017.org/
At Hip Harp Academy
Worldwide – Online – Opening Sept. 2017
Hands on Harmony ~ for Harpists
New in 2017! DHC’s hands-on overview of harmony for the harp is now available to take at your own pace in a single day, a week, or spread it over 6 months! The classroom opens in September 2017
At Hip Harp Academy
Worldwide – Online – Sept. 12, 2017
Baroque Flamenco Beyond the Page
In the course – which you can take at your own pace – Deborah Henson-Conant shows you her own secrets of how to play this fiery harp showpiece at your skill level on your harp, whether it’s a lever harp or a pedal harp, 47 strings or 21 strings.
At Hip Harp Academy
Online – Oct. – Dec. 2017 (Worldwide)
Hip Harp Toolkit ~ for Harpists
[Registration Currently Closed for Guided Classroom]
A 10-Week Online Course for harpists in how to create impromptu arrangements and improvisation.
- WHAT: “Hip Harp Toolkit” learning-program for harpists (from fledgling to professional)
- WHERE: Online at Hip Harp Academy
- WHEN: Classroom Opens Oct. 2017
- More info on this course at HipHarpTookit.com // More on the full yearlong Academy at HipHarpAcademy.com
- Harp players: want to get some free training from DHC right now? Check out the DHC Freebies