Who are you known as?
Who are you REALLY?
Why am I asking??
I’m asking because I realized I actually hide the me I most feel I am.
I think most people know me as a ‘harp player.’ And it’s true. I am. But it’s not what’s important to me about me. What’s most important to me about me is something I actually hide — and I THOUGHT I was sharing it.
Sometimes I hide it in plain view – by holding up a harp in front of it. Sometimes I hide it by being vague about it. Sometimes I hide it by posting videos and setting them as unlisted or private. Sometimes I hide it by ONLY sharing it inside the private chat room where I meet weekly with students in my Academy to answer questions. Sometimes I hide by sharing once and then running back into the safety of not-sharing. Sometimes I hide by ‘forgetting’ to share something that’s deeply important to me …. and I can forget to share that for decades.
And now I’m committing to share.
That’s the deal.
And I need you to help hold me to that. Because I’m scared I won’t do it.
Who am I REALLY?
I’m a composer. I tell stories with music.
I tell them on stage, with my instrument. And I write them down for other people to perform.
So this week I’m sharing two things:
1. The amazing life of a single piece of music, “Baroque Flamenco” in the hands of many people.
2. The new songwriter’s catalog I FINALLY started creating on my website, with songs from my musicals, stories – and a even some I’ve recorded and shared on albums.
Now … who are YOU known as? And who are YOU really?
This is something I really want to know. Leave a comment below with your thoughts.
If you play the harp ... Join DHC's Hip Harp Academy
Deborah Henson-Conant's "Hip Harp Academy" online learning community is open for self-paced learning yearlong. DHC personal guides each class in the Academy once a year. Access to each guided class is limited to students who register before the 2nd week of class. Registration for the Fall Guided course, "HIp Harp TOOLKIT" is currently closed.
"Play with Freedom"
Playalong Webinar for Harpist
NEW! This Summer
at “Hip Harp Academy”
“Summer Harp Jam” PLUS!
- Sat. Feb. 1 - TCAN - The Center for Arts in Natick, MA - with special guest, cabaret artist Ute Gfrerer. INFO & TIX HERE
- More events at EVENTS PAGE
- Watch my TEDx talk "Reinventing Freedom ... - a story told "from the Harp"
Hip Harp Academy for Harp Players
- Strings of Passion - 8-week Creativity Class at Hip Harp Academy. LEARN MORE HERE
- Harness Your Muse - Yearlong Mentorship is open for Application APPLY NOW
- Private Coaching - LEARN MORE HERE
Free Stuff for Harp Players
- Check out my Free Stuff page for MP3 downloads, Mini-Trainings for Harpists - and other things you can download for free DHC's FREE-Stuff Page