One thing I love about teaching at Hip Harp Academy is getting to see the “Final Beginning Projects” that each student does. This is a culmination of Nicole Mueller’s experience in the Blues Harp-Style class – and this is just the beginning!
In the case of Nicole Mueller, she’s actually gone on to create her own jazz harp training program for harpists — and that began here, in Hip Harp Academy – where harpists first learn to fly.
Harpists who Dare!
JOIN ME FOR A FREE CREATIVITY TRAINING
>> REGISTER NOW for FREE <<
Below you can see Nicole’s answers to a set of questions I always ask each person to answer about their projects. If you love the learning process, make sure you read these questions and answers because they often hold a gift of illumination about how we can approach any creative project.
Nicole’s Answers to DHC’s 5 Questions …
1. Give a short description of what it took for you to get to the place of being able to play what you did – both logistically and emotionally
– I need a lot of time to play around with the given form and structure, before I start to develop my own “thing”. In the end, I have to accept that the piece could always be better and more fluent but that I need a version RIGHT NOW.
2. What freedoms and blocks in yourself did you connect with (or struggle with) in the process?
– The freedom was that I didn´t have to worry about “right or wrong”. That is really liberating for a classical harpist like me. The block is – well, – that I´m so unsure and insecure about whether the notes sound “right or wrong”…
the freedom of not having to worry about 'right or wrong' #harp Click To Tweet
3. What challenges did you meet to connect with your own freedom of expression in this project?
– At first I found it hard to combine the given structure and patterns with the improvisational/creative parts. But once I got used to it, it actually was a lot of fun.
4. What were your personal “Ahas”?
– That I don´t create stuff without rules and a deadline!
I learned I don't create stuff without rules and a deadlines! #harp Click To Tweet
5. Is there anything else you´d like to tell people who are watching your video?
– This was just an imperfect something, but it definitely was a lot of fun!
It has been a pleasure to share this wonderful course with all of you guys and I hope that we see each other in DHC`s next class!
A NOTE TO THE READER FROM DHC
Hey, thanks for reading this example of what it’s like to go thru a course with me! Did you have A-ha’s or revelations watching the video & reading the answers she wrote? Add your comments below. Please – no critiques – just share what you learned from someone courageously sharing a project that’s the BEGINNING of a lifelong learning journey.
Check out the beginning of a lifelong #harp learning journey Click To Tweet
Want to do some courageous learning yourself? Click here to register for my next Free Online Training and check out my next online course especially for harp players.
Join for Freebies, Stories & News
Join to get weekly-ish emails with stories, videos & events like concerts & classes
Yay! You should get my next newsletter within the next 7-10 days. I'm so happy we'll be in touch!
I won't ever share your email address with others - and you can unsubscribe anytime, tho most people say they really enjoy these weeklish emails.