This post is from a series that shares the “Final BEGINNING Projects” from my winter 2015 “Blues HarpStyle” online course for harp players. students created short videos based on what they learned in the course, and answered 5 questions about what they got from the challenge of this project.
Nicole’s Answers to DHC’s 5 Questions …
1. Give a short description of what it took for you to get to the place of being able to play what you did – both logistically and emotionally
– I need a lot of time to play around with the given form and structure, before I start to develop my own “thing”. In the end, I have to accept that the piece could always be better and more fluent but that I need a version RIGHT NOW.
2. What freedoms and blocks in yourself did you connect with (or struggle with) in the process?
– The freedom was that I didn´t have to worry about “right or wrong”. That is really liberating for a classical harpist like me. The block is – well, – that I´m so unsure and insecure about whether the notes sound “right or wrong”…
3. What challenges did you meet to connect with your own freedom of expression in this project?
– At first I found it hard to combine the given structure and patterns with the improvisational/creative parts. But once I got used to it, it actually was a lot of fun.
4. What were your personal “Ahas”?
– That I don´t create stuff without rules and a deadline!
5. Is there anything else you´d like to tell people who are watching your video?
– This was just an imperfect something, but it definitely was a lot of fun!
It has been a pleasure to share this wonderful course with all of you guys and I hope that we see each other in DHC`s next class!
A NOTE TO THE READER FROM DHC
Hey, thanks for reading this example of what it’s like to go thru a course with me! Did you have A-ha’s or revelations watching the video & reading the answers she wrote? Add your comments below. Please – no critiques – just share what you learned from someone courageously sharing a project that’s the BEGINNING of a lifelong learning journey.Check out the beginning of a lifelong #harp learning journey Click To Tweet
Want to do some courageous learning yourself? Click here to register for my next Free Online Training and check out my next online course especially for harp players.