What if …
- What if you took a class where you discovered you could just sit down and improvise your own arrangements? Boom! Just like that!
- What if it was like one of those dreams where you realize you can suddenly do something you always longed to do – and the ability is just suddenly there in you?
- What if you had so much fun in the class that you found yourself playing the harp like you played your favorite game as a kid?
- What if you couldn’t wait to practice each day because it was soooooooo much fun??
- What if each session at your instrument felt like a revelation because it was easy and fun? What if you were playing WITH your music, playing WITH your instrument – and not worrying for a moment about getting it ‘right’?
- What if being IMPERFECT was a requirement of the class? What if everyone in the class was imperfect including the teacher?? And what if that gave you a giggling, jubilant thrill to know you fit in perfectly – just by being perfectly imperfect?
- What if you realized you already have the skills you need to play beautiful music you LOVE and you just needed guidance to help you focus those skills – a blueprint, a toolbox of ideas and simple techniques you could pull out whenever you needed them – to spice up your playing, or gentle it down?
- What if you found yourself improvising with freedom – at your level of skill and ability – exactly as you are … right now?
- What if your fingers felt like they were starting to sing … and to listen?
- What if you could just sit down and PLAY … really PLAY, like it was the most natural thing in the world?
- What if your instrument thanked you for the voice you gave it?
You just need the blueprint, the toolkit and someone to show you how to use them. You just need support: a guided class, supportive colleagues, the opportunity to ask the questions that stop you from moving forward.
That’s what you get in Hip Harp Toolkit.
By the end of the 10-week Class you’ll be improvising arrangements at YOUR exact level of technical ability – and you’ll be playing music that’s perfect for you … because you’ll be creating it yourself, on the spot.
If all these people you see in the images at the beginning of this post – and many others – can do it … so can you! Check out this blog post with projects students in the class have done.
Got questions about how this class can work for you? Use my Ask a Question form
This post was originally published Oct. 2017 and updated in 2019
Harp Players! Get Creative.
Free Creativity Training
from Deborah Henson-Conant
If you play the harp ... Join DHC's Hip Harp Academy
Deborah Henson-Conant's "Hip Harp Academy" online learning community is open for self-paced learning yearlong. DHC personal guides each class in the Academy once a year. Access to each guided class is limited to students who register before the 2nd week of class. Registration for the Fall Guided course, "HIp Harp TOOLKIT" is currently closed.
"Play with Freedom"
Playalong Webinar for Harpist
NEW! This Summer
at “Hip Harp Academy”
“Summer Harp Jam” PLUS!
This is an encore post I’ve updated and reposted because I really like it! I originally shared it Sept. 28, 2015