Sometimes a gift is about sharing what you think of as your ‘true self’. Sometimes a gift is about sharing a part of yourself that may feel awkward, or different than you think you are – and yet it speaks to the heart of someone you love in a way that they can hear it.
My Dad – who I never lived with, never had a Thanksgiving or Christmas or Birthday with – still always let me know we belonged together, however distant, in all the ways distance can be.
He never questioned that creating music was my life. He just wished I would tone things down a bit. So this is a project I created with him in mind, and I think it actually gave him solace. It’s a project of improvisations on classical tunes and I hope you enjoy it.
If you play the harp ... Join DHC's Hip Harp Academy
Deborah Henson-Conant's "Hip Harp Academy" online learning community is open for self-paced learning yearlong. DHC personal guides each class in the Academy once a year. Access to each guided class is limited to students who register before the 2nd week of class. Registration for the Fall Guided course, "HIp Harp TOOLKIT" is currently closed.
"Play with Freedom"
Playalong Webinar for Harpist
NEW! This Summer
at “Hip Harp Academy”
“Summer Harp Jam” PLUS!
- See what's coming up here: EVENTS PAGE
- Watch my TEDx talk "Reinventing Freedom ... - a story told "from the Harp"
Hip Harp Academy for Harp Players
- Hip Harp Academy - Sign up for the Full Membership - LEARN MORE HERE
- Harness Your Muse - Yearlong Mentorship is open for Application - APPLY NOW
- Private Coaching - LEARN MORE HERE
Free Stuff for Harp Players
- Check out my Free Stuff page for MP3 downloads, Mini-Trainings for Harpists - and other things you can download for free DHC's FREE-Stuff Page