I was just talking to a friend of mine the other day who just started playing the flute. He’d been playing the harmonica and he started playing the Indian flute. He’s a yoga teacher and he wanted to play it at the end of Yoga sessions.
He said to me, “So I just learned one scale. I learned enough notes that I could feel free.”
I realized that is the whole dynamic of being able to connect with an instrument. What happens with an instrument is: the instrument is silent. You liberate its sound – and as a musician, an instrumentalist, the instrument expands your voice.
So YOU liberate its sound – and IT expands your voice.
It’s a beautiful partnership.
(The video above is an excerpt from my “Love Songs in the Living Room” Facebook LIVE concert on Feb. 14, 2019. To see the whole concert video replay CLICK HERE.)
If you play the harp ... Join DHC's Hip Harp Academy
Deborah Henson-Conant's "Hip Harp Academy" online learning community is open for self-paced learning yearlong. DHC personal guides each class in the Academy once a year. Access to each guided class is limited to students who register before the 2nd week of class. Registration for the Fall Guided course, "HIp Harp TOOLKIT" is currently closed.
"Play with Freedom"
Playalong Webinar for Harpist
NEW! This Summer
at “Hip Harp Academy”
“Summer Harp Jam” PLUS!
- See what's coming up here: EVENTS PAGE
- Watch my TEDx talk "Reinventing Freedom ... - a story told "from the Harp"
Hip Harp Academy for Harp Players
- Hip Harp Academy - Sign up for the Full Membership - LEARN MORE HERE
- Harness Your Muse - Yearlong Mentorship is open for Application - APPLY NOW
- Private Coaching - LEARN MORE HERE
Free Stuff for Harp Players
- Check out my Free Stuff page for MP3 downloads, Mini-Trainings for Harpists - and other things you can download for free DHC's FREE-Stuff Page